Saturday, March 24, 2007

 
Time Flies...

It's hard to believe that last year at this time, I was lying in a bed on the neurology floor of a hospital. One evening removed from a stay in the intensive care unit. Less than forty-eight hours after temporarily having an extra hole in my head.

As I recall, my right eye had swollen almost entirely shut; I could barely open my mouth wide enough to eat with a spoon; my face could, at best, be termed "puffy"; and I was sporting a very stylish do-rag of gauze.

Most importantly, though, Elvis had left the building, and I was facing the terribly wonderful prospect of life without him.

So, where am I now?

Laying on the floor of my living room, having camped out with the kids after snuggling together for a movie night with dad. My wife had a night out with the girls, so I had them all to myself.

What a difference a year makes!

I can't explain how happy I am that life has returned to our version of normal. I feel great and I've had four clear, post-operative MRIs. I don't think I can remember when I last acted tentatively as a result of "Daddy's Big Ow-ee".

There is so much to be thankful for!

I hope to at least keep blogging my medical updates, but even those are getting fewer and further in between. Believe me, focusing on the kids is a heck of a lot more fun!

'Til the next time the spirit moves me...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?