Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 
News! Finally, Some News!

Well, it's been about three months, and I had yet another MRI. This one was, therefore, the fourth post-op scan (third since being released from the hospital).

At this stage of the game, the doctors are generally looking very closely for _new_ activity in the scar tissue area of the tumor bed. In theory, with the type of tumor that I had, any left over cells that might regrow into a tumor would be there. In the last visit, we were given a very detailed description of my MRI scan images, including a "tour" of the most sensitive areas.

In this scan, we learned that things are still looking excellent!

One more clear scan, and another opportunity to breathe a bit easier. Every clear scan reduces the likelihood for regrowth, so we are very pleased.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'm very pleased to report that everything continues to go well.

'Til the next time the spirit moves me...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?