Friday, August 18, 2006
Did I Happen To Mention?
On Tuesday, August 15, I went in for my second MRI since being discharged from the hospital.
Remember that the first one was the one that the neuro-oncologists had lobbied to pull in from three months to two months, since they were inclined to do radiation right away. That one showed, apparently surprisingly to them, nothing.
Five months after surgery, the second followup MRI procedure went quite smoothly. I already knew that I would need to remove my belt, and I already knew what radio station I wanted them to play, etc. In essence, it felt like something routine. Amazing how one's perspective changes in six months. I also knew that didn't pay to stew about the results, because nobody could tell me anything until talking to the doctor.
That happened today, the 17th.
This MRI scan was handled a bit differently than the previous one.
:
:
This time, they didn't seem as surprised that it was once again clear. :-)
With a sigh of relief and a mini-seminar from the doctor on what they look for and why they consider the film clear, my wife and I came away from it feeling very good... no surprise there!
The next scan is in three months, and they say that they will continue every three months until probably two years after the surgery date, when they will start to back off.
Thanks once to again to everyone that keeps us in their thoughts... your well wishes are absolutely appreciated.
'Til the next time the spirit moves me...
On Tuesday, August 15, I went in for my second MRI since being discharged from the hospital.
Remember that the first one was the one that the neuro-oncologists had lobbied to pull in from three months to two months, since they were inclined to do radiation right away. That one showed, apparently surprisingly to them, nothing.
Five months after surgery, the second followup MRI procedure went quite smoothly. I already knew that I would need to remove my belt, and I already knew what radio station I wanted them to play, etc. In essence, it felt like something routine. Amazing how one's perspective changes in six months. I also knew that didn't pay to stew about the results, because nobody could tell me anything until talking to the doctor.
That happened today, the 17th.
This MRI scan was handled a bit differently than the previous one.
:
:
This time, they didn't seem as surprised that it was once again clear. :-)
With a sigh of relief and a mini-seminar from the doctor on what they look for and why they consider the film clear, my wife and I came away from it feeling very good... no surprise there!
The next scan is in three months, and they say that they will continue every three months until probably two years after the surgery date, when they will start to back off.
Thanks once to again to everyone that keeps us in their thoughts... your well wishes are absolutely appreciated.
'Til the next time the spirit moves me...
