Monday, April 03, 2006
Too Quiet a Day For a Creative Title...
This will be a short one... to match my relatively quiet day.
The previous night was, how shall I say, hectic, what with multiple children feeling sick (one of them with a colorful flair), and thus really two different periods of really good sleep with some consoling of children (my wife and mother were thankfully both available to do the brunt of the work... I felt like I was mostly moral support) and a good nap in the middle.
Amazingly, however, everything was pretty mellow today. The ones that were ill took things quite easy, including multiple napping periods, and a light breakfast and lunch. We got started on the day early, but it meant the day didn't feel as compressed as it sometimes does. Combined with a lack of activities on the schedule, it was pretty relaxing. Even our eldest was really well behaved most of the day, speaking politely, keeping quiet... if we weren't worried about a repeat of the evening performance, it would have gone down as a really restful day.
I even got to take another brief outing this evening with my wife, which really is refreshing, followed by a quiet dinner (on paper plates no less! Easy cleanup!), a little more resting, helping send the kids to bed (which they actually pretty much accepted!), a bit more resting... can you tell that today had a bit of a theme?
Bring on tomorrow, I say... after some more good rest, of course. :-)
This will be a short one... to match my relatively quiet day.
The previous night was, how shall I say, hectic, what with multiple children feeling sick (one of them with a colorful flair), and thus really two different periods of really good sleep with some consoling of children (my wife and mother were thankfully both available to do the brunt of the work... I felt like I was mostly moral support) and a good nap in the middle.
Amazingly, however, everything was pretty mellow today. The ones that were ill took things quite easy, including multiple napping periods, and a light breakfast and lunch. We got started on the day early, but it meant the day didn't feel as compressed as it sometimes does. Combined with a lack of activities on the schedule, it was pretty relaxing. Even our eldest was really well behaved most of the day, speaking politely, keeping quiet... if we weren't worried about a repeat of the evening performance, it would have gone down as a really restful day.
I even got to take another brief outing this evening with my wife, which really is refreshing, followed by a quiet dinner (on paper plates no less! Easy cleanup!), a little more resting, helping send the kids to bed (which they actually pretty much accepted!), a bit more resting... can you tell that today had a bit of a theme?
Bring on tomorrow, I say... after some more good rest, of course. :-)
Comments:
<< Home
Hello James,
So very glad to hear that things are (all things considered)going well! Your undeniably positive spirit (as evidenced in your entries) coupled with your writing style make it quite enjoyable to keep up with the goings on over there. I check daily to see what is new and each day as I read I can't help but harken back to the days of Dragonworld, Nine Princes in Amber (have you read John Betancourt's prequels?), Monty Python, Crossbows and Catapults, D&D, and even a certain reading of the Count of Monte Cristo (perfectly accompanied by an AM radio playing classical music in the background). Be well, get your rest, and stay positive! You and yours are (and will stay) in my thoughts. Until next time...
So very glad to hear that things are (all things considered)going well! Your undeniably positive spirit (as evidenced in your entries) coupled with your writing style make it quite enjoyable to keep up with the goings on over there. I check daily to see what is new and each day as I read I can't help but harken back to the days of Dragonworld, Nine Princes in Amber (have you read John Betancourt's prequels?), Monty Python, Crossbows and Catapults, D&D, and even a certain reading of the Count of Monte Cristo (perfectly accompanied by an AM radio playing classical music in the background). Be well, get your rest, and stay positive! You and yours are (and will stay) in my thoughts. Until next time...
James,
You may remember me..I am Lisa Redding's mom (Alan's monster-in-law). I have been following your blog and wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers often. Many of our friends here in Michigan are also praying for your speedy recovery. I hope to see you and your family when we come to Minnesota in May.
Post a Comment
You may remember me..I am Lisa Redding's mom (Alan's monster-in-law). I have been following your blog and wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers often. Many of our friends here in Michigan are also praying for your speedy recovery. I hope to see you and your family when we come to Minnesota in May.
<< Home

