Sunday, April 02, 2006

 
Random Thoughts...

It was a relatively quiet day, which was AOK by me. I did get out and about a bit this morning, which was fun. We piled the menagerie into the van and headed to church. It was nice to see all the familiar faces, and it was good to be seen. Everyone is so supportive of our family, and it was uplifting to be able to thank folks for their thoughts and prayers, and let them know that I'm doing well so far.

I also happened to have a wonderful visit from a man for whom I once drove through the night so as not to let him down, arriving in the nick of time to sing on Easter Sunday... he provided me the confidence to sing (and sing loudly) for a number of years in our church (and then, later, in a local professional group for a few years), and I am ever grateful. I hadn't seen him in a while, and it was great fun to catch up with him.

One of the things that has been extremely helpful to me personally and to my family as a whole has been the incredible generosity that people have shown in bringing meals to the house. With as hectic as these last few weeks have been, it's been nice to not have to worry about a hot meal at dinner. Believe me, I hope to get back to standing at the stove making dinner as soon as I can, but I'm more than willing to eat what I find in our refrigerator and freezers.

To all that have prepared meals for us (and I know that many of you have been following along in my blog), please accept my heartfelt thanks. They have been deeply appreciated.

Speaking of meals... I neglected to mention the name of the Chinese restaurant that I found so fascinating on Friday, and was called on it. For those in the area that are interested, I snuck a comment of my own onto that food-centric post. If you happen to try it, I hope you enjoy it.

Until the next time the spirit moves me...

Comments:
Hey Jamie, it's your cousin Tina out in NH. I hope it's ok that I called you Jamie, you've just always been Jamie to me! Anyway, I just finished catching up on all that's been happening with you. Aunt Deb has kept me posted too. What a story you have to tell. I wanted you to know that my family and my church family have been praying for you all. Every WEdnesday night we have a get together with our church friends and we have lifted you up in prayer for the past month and will continue to do so until Elvis is a vague memory! I know this is a tough time but remember Romans 8:28 and I can't help but type in the words to one of my favorite Psalms. Psalm 145:13-20

The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made,
The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.
The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time.
You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
The Lord is righteous in all his ways and loving toward all he has made.
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.
The Lord watches over all who love him.

He loves you and is watching over you and many are praying. Keep up the positive attitude. Love, Tina
 
I blush.......
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?