Thursday, April 27, 2006

 
No, I Haven't Been Drinking...

On Wednesday, I had a follow-up appointment with one of the nurse practitioners at the neurosurgical clinic. I was expecting some sort of thorough examination... maybe a blood draw, or a blood pressure cuff, even a temperature taken. Instead, all she needed to do was look at me.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind not being poked and prodded, I was just expecting a bit more. You know -- something to justify the drive. :-)

The long and short of it was that my incision looks great, that I continue to be ahead of "schedule" in my healing process, and that I can pass a field sobriety test. I guess I knew that she'd probably do those neurological ability tests again, but I've never been more nervous walking. Hear I am, stressing, thinking: "Heel to toe... heel to toe... heel to toe...". To say that I felt silly about that is an understatement. Especially after I passed with flying colors. She did feel the need to joke that she could tell that I hadn't downed a few on that afternoon. Ugh. :D

The best news from the meeting was that she would recommend that I start tapering down on my final medication after my next MRI (assuming things look good), and that she would recommend that I work as much as I'm comfortable... in other words, that the 4 hour per day cap isn't necessary in her mind. Cool. Now I just have to convince that neuro-oncologists of the same things, and I'll really be excited.

To summarize: I feel good, the doctors say that I look good, I can walk a straight line, and I may be fully back to work sooner than later. All of which is great. Oh, and I blogged two days in a row... Phew! How exhausting! :-)

'Til the next time the spirit moves me...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?