Sunday, March 19, 2006
Consider Yourself Lucky, Elvis...
Elvis should definitely consider himself lucky. Just a few days before eviction, and I'm eating well. Yesterday evening was a bunch of homemade Indian food (coconut curry chicken over rice with a side of spicy cauliflower and chick peas) from a friend of the family that spent six months living in India, and tonight I'll be eating one of my absolute favorite meals.
Thanksgiving dinner.
I happen to have a very special affinity for Thanksgiving. I was born on Thanksgiving Day, just hours after my mom (sorry mom!) had finished eating Thanksgiving dinner. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I enjoy food, and Thanksgiving Day is just a great day to celebrate food and family. In my opinion.
So tonight, I'll be enjoying turkey, potatoes, stuffing, etc. And, as I understand it, one of my absolute favorites... pumpkin pie.
Hoorah!
I certainly can't complain. Everyone has been taking such very good care of me the last week or two. And thankfully, the worst of the waiting is almost over. I check in to the hospital on Tuesday morning, and it will be good just to get the process started.
Prayers and hugs!
Stacie
Hugs to you guys -
Tracey in FL
<< Home

