Tuesday, March 28, 2006

 

Change of Scenery...

The first order of business: I am now at home. And it's great to be here. It's been just over a week, but it feels like it's been much longer. It's so nice to see the kids all running about... the controlled chaos is actually kind of relaxing, in a weird way. It's familiar. It's energizing.

It's home.

I could have been discharged yesterday, but am glad that I was able to wait one more night. An extra night of quiet with very few interruptions, as I had very few procedures left that they needed to do.

Of course, there was also the hope that the pathology reports might then be ready before we left the hospital by waiting the extra day... but that wasn't meant to be.

Apparently, Elvis is being a bit of a stinker when it comes to figuring out just what makes him tick. Enough so that the pathologists are seeking further opinions from the Mayo clinic and possibly the University of Minnesota. We most certainly want them to get this analysis "right", but it isn't easy sitting on pins and needles while ones tumor is poked, prodded, and considered. There is the distinct possibility that we won't have an opportunity to see and discuss the full pathology report until our follow up visit with the neurosurgeons, which is scheduled for the 6th.

Speaking of next steps... we have also been scheduled for a visit with the next doctor who will likely be responsible for my care... a neuro-oncologist. The neurosurgeons are nearing the end of the portion for which they have true expertise, and they are helping with the handoff to the neuro-oncologists, who specialize in the treatment of brain tumors. Ultimately, the pathology reports will dictate to them a course of action.

It's all a chain reaction of events that will come soon enough... my job for now is to rest and regain strength. And I'm very pleased that I am now able to do that at home, where I belong.

Rest assured that I continue to feel very well, and I feel a bit stronger every day.

I've received so many well wishes over the past few days... I just wanted to let you all know that I appreciate them. Thanks!


Comments:
Hey James! Isn't it cool how much you now know about your brain? I'm really glad you're home since there is no such thing as sleep in a hospital. I know just being your family is a great motivator. oh yeah, no more hospital gowns! yay!
 
James I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers!! Glad to hear you're now at home surrounded by those that love you! I hope that all is resloved quickly. Sincerely~Jacy a scrapshare gal
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?